For your dedication to the U.S.A, you should be rewarded in every way possible – including saving money. As you know our country and many companies offer big discounts and even free services and products available only to Active Military and Veterans and their families. However, not all of these discounts are highly publicized or known to many. That’s why as a way to thank you for your service, we’ve collected the best discounts for U.S Military Members and Veterans that are available in 2018. If you find our list helpful, please share it with your friends.
1. Eating Out
All members of the military deserve to enjoy the food they love for less. That is why we have compiled a list of restaurants and fast-food chains, which provide discounts for members of the military as well as their loved ones:
- Wendy’s: Wendy’s are offering eligible military members exclusive deals when you sign up for the WendyMail loyalty program.
- House of Jerky: Get a 15% discount on all orders shipped to military APO/FPO addresses.
- Wienerschnitzel: At participating locations police, fire, or military personnel in uniform receive a 20% discount on their order.
- Omaha Steaks: Members of Veterans Advantage can save an additional 10 percent on their purchase.
- Texas Steakhouse & Saloon: Active-duty or retired military can receive a 10% discount.
- IHOP: 20 percent with Military ID at owners discretion.
- Dairy Queen: 10 percent off, location dependent.
- Cinnabon: 15 percent off at participating locations with a valid military ID.
- Backyard Burgers: 20% military discount.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s: offers military packages at participating locations.
2. Get a $42,000 Mortgage Reduction
When Veterans and Active Military homeowners visit the VA Survey Website they are shocked to find out that they qualify for a huge mortgage reduction that can save them on average $42,000 on their mortgage!!
Millions of Veterans are taking advantage of VA benefits that dramatically reduce their mortgage payments by an average of $3,100 each year. These benefits serve as a huge thank you and pay day for our veterans. Unfortunately, millions of veterans miss out on these huge savings by simply not knowing that they qualify for this incredibly generous program.
3. Owe More Than $20,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Program
Members of the military often find themselves in situations like constant relocation, lack of financial experience and unemployment among spouses. All of this makes them more vulnerable to falling into debt than their civilian peers. And can you really blame them? We don’t think so.
However, there’s a very effective debt relief program available for Active Military & Veterans alike called Freedom Debt Relief. They can reduce the amount you owe and consolidate all your debt into a single monthly payment, so you can pay far less each month and ease the burden.
If you’re a Veteran or Active Military and got more than $20,000 in debt, especially credit card debt, this is something you should act upon immediately. You can click here to see if you qualify.
4. Discounts on Shopping
Both local and national stores around the US offer special discounts for the country’s heroes. Here is a list of discounts that will help you shop for less:
- Foot Locker: Qualified military personnel get a 20% discount on most purchases.
- Champion: 10% off for military personnel and veterans.
- Big 5 Sporting Goods: 10% discount for active-duty and reserve military personnel, retirees, and veterans on their in-store purchase.
- NFL Shop: 15% discount to all eligible military personnel when purchasing products on NFLShop.com.
- Michaels: 15% off your purchase, including sale items, with a military ID.
- MLBshop.com: Military personnel and first responders, along with their spouses and close family members, get a 15% discount on their purchase.
- Bass Pro Shops: 5% discount for eligible military members every day on select products and gear with a valid military ID.
- NBA Store: 15% discount for military service members on their order.
- Under Armour: For eligible military personnel, the sports retailer offers a 10% discount with verification.
- Nike: 10% discount at Nike.com and at Nike stores as an eligible military member.
5. Life Insurance for Veterans from $19 A Month
Whether you are a retired veteran, or still serving in the military, life insurance is one of the biggest expenditures you should have taken care of. However, as you age the rising life insurance policy costs can add up, and you may end up paying much more than you intended. Or maybe you’re looking for a better life insurance than SGLI or VGLI to protect your family?
Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap but solid life insurance policy. You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run down your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. Veterans and active military members may save up to 70% on their life insurance policy simply by using this free service.
6. Veterans & Active Military: Never Pay For Home Repairs Again
As a service member, you know the importance of a warranty. You do enough damage control out in the field, so it’s essential that your personal life and home are taken care of now and in the future.
But what happens if your water heater breaks during a cold winter? Or your AC on a hot summer? Who amongst us has hundreds or even thousands available at a moment’s notice for an expensive repair?
This is why many Veteran and Active Military homeowners are getting this new Home Warranty Program and end up saving thousands in the long run. You can cover the expensive things inside your home like your fridge, dishwasher, roofing and air conditioning with a low-cost warranty plan. And if it can’t be fixed, the program will simply replace it.
7. Discounts on Auto Repairs
It’s inevitable at some point you’ll need to get your vehicle fixed, but that doesn’t mean you need to break the bank. Luckily, plenty of auto repair shops offer discount for military members and veterans. Just don’t forget to bring proof of your service!
- Jiffy lube: Many locations provide 10% off services and/or parts.
- Midas: Many locations provide 10% off parts and/or service.
- Advance Auto Parts: 10% off with military ID
- Auto Zone: Varies Per Store – Discount varies, simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
- Big 10 Tires: Discount varies, simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
- Kelly’s Auto Parts: Kelly’s offers a 10% discount all the time for all vets and active service members.
- Kragen Auto Parts: Discount varies, simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
- Meineke: 10% off parts. In store only. Simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
- NAPA Auto Parts: Discount varies, simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
- O’Reilly Auto Parts: Discount varies, simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
- Pep Boys: 10% off with valid military ID
8. FREE Membership to Senior Discounts Club
Senior Discounts Club offers a free membership to veterans and active military. It gives you access to huge discounts, deals, coupons and more. Sign up below to get the latest deals on healthcare, home appliances, electronics, groceries, restaurant discounts and much more. Unlike AARP, membership to Senior Discounts Club is completely free (no strings attached). When you sign-up you will get a free daily e-mail newsletter sent to your inbox with the latest discounts and deals.
To join for free, simply enter your e-mail below and click “SUBSCRIBE”:
9. Discounts on Hotel Bookings
Take advantage of your Active Duty Military discount when you travel. From five star accommodation to chain hotels and motels, we’ve got a deal to match your budget on this list.
- Sandals: Take advantage of an additional 10% savings on top of current promotions when you book a Sandals luxury all-inclusive vacation.
- Red Roof Inn: Active military members and their loved ones can enjoy 10% off their room. A 20% discount is available to those carrying a VetRewards card.
- Motel 6: Get a 10% discount on a room with a valid military ID. When booking online, simply click “Military Rate” before selecting your room type and the discount will be automatically applied
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Active-duty and retired military members receive a discounted room rate at participating Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Search by the military base, government building or local attraction to check availability and view exact discounted room rates.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts: Veterans and active members enjoy at least 10% off the flexible rate at Best Western locations in North America.
- Castle Resorts: All military personnel including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and National Guard qualify for special discounted rates saving up to 15%.
- Hyatt Hotels: Active duty military members receive up to 50% off room rates at 20 of its resorts in the U.S. and Caribbean. In addition, military members receive up to 20% off food purchases.
10. Get Gov’t Rebates To Go Solar And Cut Your Energy Bill
You fought to protect this country, so of course you want to preserve it any way you can. This is why going solar is the best option – especially if you can make some cash at the same time!
If you live in certain ZIP codes across the USA, you can qualify for the Renewable Energy Tax Credit. By putting solar panels on your home, this tax credit will put cash in your pockets too. You’ll not only save money on your traditional energy bills but get paid to do so!
11. Discounts on Footwear
Whether you need some winter boots or summer sandals, as a veteran you don’t need to pay full price. Many footwear retailers offer generous military discounts as a thank you for your service – all you need to do is ask!
- Footlocker: Military receive 20% off their online purchase.
- Footaction: Get Up to 30% Off at Footaction for Veterans and Active Service Members.
- Nike: 10% discount to all active, reservist, veteran, and retired US military personnel, and to the spouses and dependents of active personnel.
- Bates Footwear: Military and dependents receive up to 47% off.
- New Balance: 10% military discount.
12. Save up to 70% On Your Car Insurance
While in uniform you’ve driven in many countries, across different terrains and in all kinds of vehicles. You’re clearly skilled behind the wheel with many years of experience, so it’s only right that auto insurance companies reward you for this. With all this driving skill under your belt, you should never pay more than $50 per month for auto insurance. But, how is this low price possible? Well, thanks to the internet and this free website that loves our Veterans .
You might not know but some insurance companies are actually offering discounts for Active Military and Veterans. The easiest way to find out which discounts you are eligible for is to compare insurance plans on this free website. Lots of military members and veterans are already taking advantage of this free service and saving up to 70% each year!
13. Discounts on Cell Phone Plans
Whether you are an active duty military member or are already retired, communication with the ones you love is essential nonetheless. This is exactly why it is important for members of the military to know what cell phone plan discounts they can be getting. Start saving today with these deals:
- AT&T: Qualified active duty military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, and spouses of active duty and deceased service personnel can receive 15% off the monthly service charge on qualified plans, including AT&T unlimited plans.
- Boost Mobile: allows service men and women to keep their accounts and phone numbers intact while deployed overseas. While enrolled in the Deployed Military Program, no service charges will be incurred and no reactivation fees will be applied when the account is restored.
- Sprint: offers active duty military personnel, National Guard, Reserves, and veterans a 15% discount off select rate plans.
- US Cellular: Active duty military, National Guard, Reserve, and veterans who are U.S. Cellular customers can receive a 15% discount off their calling plan charges on individual single line and/or family plans.
- Verizon Wireless: offers active duty service members and veterans a 15% discount off your monthly Verizon Wireless service and a 25% discount off select accessories.
14. Never Pay For Cable Again? This Device Allows You To Watch Your Favorite Channels For Free
In your free time, you probably want to stay away from drills and early starts. It’s your time to sit back and relax and what better way to do that than by watching your favorite TV shows with your family? But at almost $100 every month, cable is too expensive.
You can enjoy your favorite TV channels and shows (such as ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS and more) for free! How? It’s very easy. All you need is a powerful indoor TV antenna – Skylink TV. It’s suitable for any TV and there are no installation fees, satellite dishes or monthly subscriptions. The best part – it’s absolutely legal. Once you’ll get the TV antenna, it will take you less than 10 seconds to set it up. That’s right. 10 seconds and you can start watching all your favorite shows FOR FREE!
15. Discounts on Groceries
From Walmart to Kmart & Kroger, you can cook delicious meals for your family with healthy, fresh ingredients for less.
- BJ’s: Military personnel, both active and veteran, may enroll in-Club for a reduced Membership fee.
- Farm Fresh: offer a 10% military discount every day on store-brand merchandise with a valid military ID.
- Hy-Vee: offers a free breakfast buffet to all veterans and active duty military members on Veterans Day.
- Fred Meyer: 10% off military discount.
- Lowes: 10% off eligible purchases every day to active military personnel and veterans.
16. Discounts on Electronic Appliances
There’s no need to miss out the latest technology as lots of electronics brands offer military and veteran discounts. Veterans get 10% off at Best Buy, Dell, and Microsoft – even the Apple Store offers a veteran discount.
17. Save $850+ on a Home Security System
After years of service, you could finally afford to buy your own home – but the last thing you want is your home to be targeted by intruders. Your house is 2.5 times more likely to be a target for intruders if you have no security system installed! Horrifying, isn’t it?
Despite this, only 17% of American homeowners have a security system installed.
By installing a security system not only will you deter possible burglars away from your home, but will also save big money on your homeowners’ insurance policy. Installing an alarm system can get you approximately 10-20% off of your homeowners insurance(which is usually mandatory if you own a home).
And you might think that getting the system installed is going to cost you a lot, but luckily you’re in for some good news! The good news is that these home alarm companies are pretty desperate for customers at the moment so you can get a good deal. For example ADT, one of the best alarm system companies, are currently offering over $850 in equipment plus a $100 Visa gift card with $99 installation and purchase of monitoring service.
There’s more good news too, as most home insurance companies offer a 10-20% discount to those who have a home alarm system installed. It’s a win/win situation – you can protect your home and family and save a stack of money at the same time! So click here to get your $850 discount when installing a home alarm system.
18. Military Travel Discounts
Whether you are on-duty or simply taking a vacation with your family, you can get some serious discounts on air travel, baggage, trains and bus journeys. Simply check this list to find the cheapest route!
- Amtrak: Active-duty military personnel with spouses and dependents can receive a 10% discount on the lowest available fare price on most Amtrak trains, as well as permission for uniformed military personnel to skip to the front of ticket lines. This offer is invalid on non-Acela business class, first class or sleeping accommodations.
- Greyhound: Veterans Advantage card members receive 10% off tickets purchased online or at a Greyhound station.
- National Car Rental: If traveling on official business, U.S. government travelers can enjoy benefits, including a loss damage waiver, discounted rental rates and no fees for additional or underage drivers.
- United Airlines: Veterans Advantage members receive up to 5% off tickets for United- and United Express-operated flights purchased on United.com.
- Frontier Airlines: Baggage fees waived for Active Duty military personnel.
- SouthWest Airlines: Active Duty and Dependents are eligible for military discounts. Call for more information.
- Carnival Cruise Lines: Active and retired U.S Military receive reduced rates when they provide proof of service to Carnival’s Interline Desk by email, fax, or snail mail. These documents must be delivered to Carnival within 72 hours, unless the cruise is departing in under a week.
19. Save $1,000s In Costly Car Repairs with FIXD
There’s nothing more annoying than when the check engine light flashes up on your dashboard. It’s very hard to figure out the cause of the problem and it can usually be very costly. Often mechanics can take advantage of car owners for their lack of knowledge by tricking them into changing parts and making ‘fixes’ that are not needed. But, by using Fixd, you’ll never pay more for car maintenance than you need to again. If you see the mysterious “check engine” light come on, Fixd will be able to tell you exactly what’s wrong with your car.
If your car was built after 1996, then Fixd can instantly diagnose any problems it might have. The pocket-sized device plugs right into your car’s dashboard and scans for a diagnosis and sends the results straight to your phone. It’ll tell you exactly what’s wrong with your car and how much you should expect to pay to fix it. It’s the perfect piece of tech for stopping greedy mechanics from overcharging you.
BONUS #1: Discounts on Gym Memberships
Even though your service has ended it’s still a great idea to stay in shape. At Gold’s Gym, and YMCA, it’s possible to get a discounted gym membership. It’s also worth checking local gyms and fitness centers in your area – you’ll probably find discounts of 10% or more.
BONUS #2: Relieve Joint Pain After Service
After years of honorable service, drills, and duty, you might be suffering from aching joints. If this is true for you, then this product is the right thing for you. It’s called Instaflex Advanced—the #1 joint formula in GNC. Studies show it’s 2x stronger than “chondroitin + glucosamine HCl” and delivers increasing benefits over 90 days of use. (Instaflex also needs only one tiny capsule a day; no more mountains of horse pills.). It will make you feel agile again, providing cushioning and flexibility that you haven’t had for years.
Right now, you can claim a 14-day sample of this top-selling formula. We strongly recommend taking advantage of this exclusive online-only offer so you can stay active no matter the problems you might be having.
BONUS #3: Discounts on Theme Parks and Entertainment
Entertainment venues of all kinds offer generous discounts for military men and women. Check this list below or contact entertainment venues in your area:
- Massage Envy: At participating locations, all active-duty military personnel can join Massage Envy at a savings of $60 annually.
- Busch Gardens: All eligible military personnel and up to three of their dependents receive one free admission per year to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place.
- Legoland: Active-duty military members receive a discount on admission tickets at Legoland California. Also, score exclusive military savings on Legoland California resort hopper and Legoland California Sea Life hopper tickets by visiting the resort’s military promotions website.
- Disneyland Resort: Eligible service members and their spouses enjoy discounted rates for select rooms valid on most nights from now until Dec. 19, 2018.
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Excluding blackout days, discounted ticket prices are available for all active-duty and retired military personnel all year with a valid military or U.S. government I.D. at time of purchase.
- Showcase Cinemas: All active-duty military members and their dependents can receive discounts on movie prices. Get a general admission ticket for $7.50 and bargain matinee, children, and senior tickets for just under $6.
- National Park Service: Get free entrance into national parks across the U.S. with the free annual pass for U.S. military, which you can obtain by showing a military ID. Standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver are also waived with the pass.
BONUS #4: Save Up to 70% On Your Health Insurance
After many years under Uncle Sam’s protection, the thought of paying for private healthcare can bring feelings of dread for active-duty members and veterans alike. If you don’t qualify for Medicare it can be hard to navigate sky-high premiums, co-pays, deductibles, and the rest.
In the past, many people took the risk of not being insured, but with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) you can be fined if you don’t have qualified health care insurance.
Instead of paying a fine, people who have not been able to afford insurance before are looking for affordable medical insurance options. Whether you have low, mid, or high income, you could greatly reduce your health insurance by using HealthInsurance.net to compare policies and prices, and find what’s best for you.
BONUS #5: Discounts on Movies
Fancy a trip to your local movie theatre? Never pay full price again with our list of discounted movie tickets and theatre deals. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Movie Theaters: Discount varies, simply ask and have a valid military ID with you.
- Marcus Theaters: Active and retired military can see a movie any time for just $7.50.
- IMAX: $1 off movie tickets with Military ID.
- Cinemark: Discount on tickets when you show a valid military ID.
- Regal Movie Theaters: Matinee prices for all show times. Requires Military ID.0
BONUS #6: Discounts on Home and Garden Products
On the move again or just want to improve the home you live in? Make your new house into a home with these fantastic deals on home and garden products. Here you can find something for every room in your home.
- Home Depot: 10% off Year Round, to active duty, active reserve, retired military, and immediate family. In-Store only. Varies- some locations may require documentation.
- Leslie Pool Supplies: 10% off with military ID.
- Brooklyn Bedding: 25% off all sleep products, including mattresses
- Lowe’s: 10% off year-round to active duty, active reserve, retired military, and immediate family. Just bring in a valid military ID. The military discount, however, cannot be combined with other coupons they may be offering.
- Michaels: 10% off every Wednesday at select stores. Call your local store for participation.
- CubeSmart: Additional 20% off with valid Military ID.
If you’re a Veteran or currently on active duty, you may want to make a quick spot check to ensure you’re receiving the full value of the VA benefits to which you’re entitled. Among the most valuable of these are mortgage benefits which, have a staggering average lifetime value of $42k.
Did you know you are eligible for a VA Loan if you are:
This VA program could help you pay off your mortgage. There is no limit on the number of times you can use a VA loan! You can purchase your dream home with $0 down or refinance your current mortgage.
If you took out a 30-year-mortgage you are paying tens of thousands of dollars in unnecessary interest over the course of your loan. However, this VA homeowner program is designed to help homeowners like you with a better morgage with lower interests and many other options. Click here to see if you qualify!
Don’t forget to claim these great money-saving veteran and active military benefits:
VA Mortgage Benefit – Click here to see if you qualify for a $42,000 Mortgage Reduction Benefit
Life Insurance For Veterans – Click here to see if you qualify for $19/month life insurance
Veteran Debt Relief – Click here if you owe more than $20,000 in credit card debt
Never Pay For Home Repairs Again – Learn more about this home warranty program for Veterans & Active Military